We are property specialists, so whether landlord, tenant or property owner, you can rely on our impartial advice, guidance and support to guide you to the right solution, in a straightforward, quick, pro-active and effective way. Our firm’s focus is always centred on the particular of our client’s needs.
Initially, we try to give sensible and pragmatic advice, in a proportionate way in an attempt to resolve matters through negotiation and some form of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR). However, if that fails, we will help claim or defence, whether in the County Court, the High Court or First- Tier Tribunal – Property Chamber (formerly Leasehold Valuation Tribunal), in a structured, decisive and where necessary firm action.
The area of property law is vast and complex, so we try to give practical advice, guidance and solutions to our clients. We try and balance our client’s rights with the importance of the landlord and tenant relationship. We explain our client’s options from the outset of our instructions, which includes explaining the most appropriate course of action and likely timeframes and costs.
Some of the area of properties law we cover, which list is not exhaustive, are:-
RESIDENTIAL LANDLORD & TENANT
- Possession/Evictions claims (AST, temporary accommodation (Part 7 Housing Act) claims
- Tenancy deposit disputes
- Mortgage arrears cases
- Applications to suspend and set aside possession orders HMO matters, and
- Notice requiring Possession (Form 6A Notice to Quit etc)
- Service charge and ground rent
- Right to manage, enfranchisement, renewal, extension
- Major works and reserve/sinking funds
- Breaches of leasehold terms and dilapidations, and
- Applications to the First- Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber)
OTHER PROPERTY WORK
- Party Wall matters
- Estate Management issues, and
- Advisory work to property owners, letting & managing agents.